We’d love to hear from you if you’ve got what it takes to join our team! Take a look at the postings below to find out if one of the positions available at Mavericks VFX might be the right fit for you.
Mavericks VFX is a three-time Emmy-nominated VFX firm based on Toronto, Canada. Working as a collection of filmmakers—drawn from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and talents—we create outstanding visual effects for film and TV.
We are proud of our family-vibe, but rely on our strong pipeline and learning from our seasoned artists to produce world class visual effects. An excellent health and dental plan, complimentary gym memberships to Hone Fitness (in our building), beautiful offices, Cocktail Thursdays, a Softball Team, Blue Jays games, and a multitude of (non-mandatory) company outings…these are some of the ways that Mavericks VFX tries to give back to our employees for their stellar work and dedication. If Mavericks’ culture resonates with you and you are seeking to a be a part of an exciting team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a talented CG Generalist to join our VFX department and work on 3D feature films and television series.
- You will report directly to the VFX Supervisor and have the following main tasks:
- Work will strongly be centered around Assets, and Look Development
- Conduct research in accordance with current projects
- Gather, manage and organize references used for modeling
- Digital model creation according to the developed concept or according to the obtained references
- Make UVs on selected objects
- Create textures on objects
- Create lighting for scenes
- Prepare layers expected by the compositing team
- Start renders and check the quality of the renders
- Identify, analyze, solve and document problems encountered
- Being able to work with the visual effect supervisor and the lead CG artist to determine the best possible techniques and creative approaches.
- Deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Organize and manage his/her work to be able to function in a VFX production pipeline and be able to receive comments and criticisms and communicate well with members of his team.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience as CG Generalist in a VFX studio
- Have a very good knowledge of the following software: Maya, Nuke, V-Ray, Mari, Substance Painter and
- Great team player and be resourceful and innovative
- An aptitude with lighting
Please email your resume along with a link to a current reel to firstname.lastname@example.org