We’d love to hear from you if you’ve got what it takes to join our team! Take a look at the postings below to find out if one of the positions available at Mavericks VFX might be the right fit for you.
Mavericks VFX is a three-time Emmy-nominated VFX firm based on Toronto, Canada. Working as a collection of filmmakers—drawn from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and talents—we create outstanding visual effects for film and TV.
We are proud of our family-vibe, but rely on our strong pipeline and learning from our seasoned artists to produce world-class visual effects. An excellent health and dental plan, complimentary gym memberships to Hone Fitness (in our building), beautiful offices, Cocktail Thursdays, a Softball Team, Blue Jays games, and a multitude of (non-mandatory) company outings…these are some of the ways that Mavericks VFX tries to give back to our employees for their stellar work and dedication. If Mavericks’ culture resonates with you and you are seeking to a be a part of an exciting team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for talented Compositors to join our team and work on features films and television series.
You report directly to the Compositor supervisor and have the following main tasks:
- Working closely with Compositing Supervisor to determine the best approach to solve compositing challenges and develop the final look.
- Performing tasks such as tracking, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, roto and assembly of live action and 3D elements.
- Producing a final overall look that exceeds client expectations.
- Must have at least 2+ years experience in compositing digital visual effects for a feature film.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of film-making, including cinematography, lighting, camera movement, editing.
- Must have thorough knowledge and ability to use the tools that produce Digital Composites such as NUKE, Fusion, Flame and Photoshop.
- Must present a showreel highlighting eye for colour, lighting, attention to detail and composition.
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills are critical.
- Candidate must be able to work within a team environment.
- Must be Toronto-based and legally allowed to work in Canada.
Job Types: Long/Short Term
Please send your resume and showreel with breakdown via email to email@example.com with the subject line: Compositor